Sony's ban behaviour

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by DinohScene, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Hmmm. Not sure if they really have anything to detect this. I believe the bans are mostly ps3's that were recently jailbroken with the new method. I check my ps3 from time to time and it still isnt banned. I use every ban prevention in the book before even connecting to the internet anyways.

CallmeBerto likes this.
  2. EmBlaze

EmBlaze GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2018
    Canada
    Being lazy, I just disable CFW syscalls, PS3MAPI enabled, and Lock PSN with webMAN MOD 99% of the time I'm using the PS3...

Not banned yet, though I pretty much never play online. Did try to change my teenage username once, didn't know it's still not possible.

3. smf

smf GBAtemp Addict

Feb 23, 2009
    Some games check for cfw etc to prevent hacking, other games are safer though.

4. RodrigoSalsa

RodrigoSalsa Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2005
    Brazil
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I bought a used PS3 slim that's on the last official firmware. I don't know if it was previously hacked. It came with a 160 Samsung HDD, I switched to a 500 GB HDD and did a new format & install. Made a new random account in PSN and was able to log in and download some demos from PSN.

I don't want to hack it, I want to transfer my old PS3 to this new one and use it as original. My account have a lot of money spent in official games (PS3, PS4 and Vita).

What are the risks? How can I be safe and not get banned? Thanks a lot

5. pspunabletohack

pspunabletohack GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2010
    Belgium
    Can't you just copy the old ps3 it's hard drive to the new one using a HDD transfer tool on the PC?
    I'm not sure if that transfers the CFW over (I guess not) but maybe disconnect from the internet at first boot to be sure.

Last edited by pspunabletohack, Aug 29, 2018
  6. RodrigoSalsa

RodrigoSalsa Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2005
    Brazil
    My old console is original, never hacked before. I can transfer old content to new console using ethernet cable.
    What worries me is that doing it I could be at risk if the new console was hacked before.

I logged with an account I created just to test in the new console using the new HDD, and was able to enter and download PSN demos. How can I be safe to proceed the transfer and not risk my original account if the new console was hacked before? Can Sony detect it even with the new HDD?

Thanks for the help

7. pspunabletohack

pspunabletohack GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2010
    Belgium
    In that case I read that installing OFW twice should erase all traces of CFW. You obliviously installed OFW once already because you popped in a new drive in the new PS3 so I guess if you format the drive once more and install OFW once again you should be fine.

PS: I didn't know you could transfer data to another PS3 over ethernet. Guess I learned something new today :P

Last edited by pspunabletohack, Aug 29, 2018
  8. RodrigoSalsa

RodrigoSalsa Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2005
    Brazil
    Thanks for the reply! And yes, it's possible to transfer contents between PS3's or PS4's with an ethernet cable. Best regards!

9. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    does anyone know if accidentally trying to sign in with the sp:int environment on cex can get you banned? or, is it nothing to worry about?

10. goodha2

goodha2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2007
    Japan
    1. CFW/ODDE/OFW: Habib Cobra 4.55 v1.03 CFW
    2. Online multiplayer: Yes
    3. Connected to PSN: Yes (One)
    4. Homebrew whilst on PSN: No
    5. Cheating whilst on PSN: Yes
    6. Loading backups via Multiman/Webman on a separate profile: Yes
    7. Loading backups via Multiman/Webman on your main PSN profile: Yes
    8. If applicable, reason of ban: BO2/GTA V Cheat/Modded report/flagged.
    9. Console ban: Yes
    10. Account ban: Yes
    11. Date of acquiring CFW and date of acquiring ban: June, 2014.
    12. Hours a day of connected to PSN: 6-8 days, (I can't remember back in 2014).
    13. Hours a day of playing multiplayer games: 1-3 days, (I can't remember same).

If CFW aren't disabled then you can get banned. If CFW Syscall is disabled + Clear history. You won't banned.
    I've tested that before time and never get banned. I was just bought new CID Private as well.

Without CFW Syscall disabled and Clear history, when you are logging to PSN then you can get banned, they submit history + system reported to sony. You have to first load game + CFW Syscall disable, clear history = safest and no ban yet.

Last edited by goodha2, Nov 19, 2018
    DinohScene likes this.
  11. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    Is there a way to automate this behavior somehow? That might help a lot of people afflicted by this.