So I am wondering how to use dolphin emulator for the ps3 or Nintendo 64 (Parallel N64)

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Davidistheboss21, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Davidistheboss21
    OP

Davidistheboss21 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2016
    United States
    The Dolphin emulator for the ps3 would be amazing or Nintendo 64 (Parallel N64) because Parallel is not OpenGL dependent.

2. AceyBwoi

AceyBwoi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2014
    Bedroom
    There is not a dolphin emu for ps3.. n64 is being developed and only switch retroarch and that's about it ..

3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Tom BombaDadlo

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    The PS3 will never emulate GC/Wii, it's not remotely powerful enough.

N64 may be more manageable, but nobody has really worked on any N64 emulator since like 2012 or so (AFAIK).

There was some semi-recent developments in regards to running Linux with full hardware acceleration (probably about a year ago?), that would probably be the best bet for an N64 emulator port that's actually playable. But the Linux build will still need a lot of work before that's even feasible, so it's unlikely to happen any time soon.

You're better off using a PC if you want to emulate both.

Davidistheboss21 likes this.
  4. lembi2001

lembi2001 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2015
    I'm not sure if the OP has posted his question incorrectly or if it is being interpreted incorrectly.

I am reading it that they want to use Dolphin to emulate PS3 and or N64 but I may be interpreting it incorrectly too

5. Davidistheboss21
    OP

Davidistheboss21 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2016
    United States
    Thanks for this Info That clears things up. as for what you mentioned about the hardware acceleration over on PSXplace has had a recent update.

6. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    what? people are actually still working on N64 emulation for PS3?
    a little late
    i would like to see it just to see how it would run but i would never use it because i never use my PS3 because i have a fat and it heats my whole house up 10 degrees and sounds like a helicopter is landing on my roof , if i am going to run it won't be to emulate N64

7. Davidistheboss21
    OP

Davidistheboss21 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2016
    United States
    LOL I´m using a slim but seeing as Parallel N64 core is not openGL compatible its surprising that it´s not been optimized (or even used) for the ps3