PS3 freezing issues.

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Ignisboy, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Ignisboy
    OP

Ignisboy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2019
    United States
    So, it's my first time posting here, if I'm missing any rules in regards to posting threads my apologies, but I'm currently stuck with an issue of mine.

So, for the most part I've gotten my slim ps3 modded and fitted with CFW 4.82 Rebug cobra 7.55 Lite, and I never saw nor had any problems with mine. So I tried helping another with theirs with the same setup and they kept encountering all kinds of issues. Their backup games would start fine to randomly freezing during game-play almost occasionally to constantly, and only recently did discs start doing the same. What they did was rebuilding the database, restoring the filesystem, bought a whole new HDD, which in turn also means they reinstalled the CFW, and it would still freeze. They also used multiman, their model number is CECH-2001A, and the replacement HDD was advertised for slim ps3s. If there's any more information needed please ask. Any guidance for what they could do to fix it would be absolutely appreciated.

Last edited by Ignisboy, Jan 10, 2019
  2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Try cleaning the thermal paste see if that help, by the way does the unit overheat?

3. Ignisboy
    OP

Ignisboy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2019
    United States
    I'll keep the thermal paste idea in mind but,according to them it hasn't overheated in the slightest.

4. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Then it might be a bad CPU/GPU then

5. Ignisboy
    OP

Ignisboy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2019
    United States
    I would hope not but, what would be some good ways to tell if you have one?

6. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Usually bad cpu/gpu point toward overheating / freezing. It freeze on the home menu, playing games from pkg format?

7. Ignisboy
    OP

Ignisboy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2019
    United States
    ISO format, and on the previous HDD it would freeze on multiman but currently not at all on the new one, only freezing that occurs is through the games.

8. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Might be the HDD if it external that the iso is stored on. If the iso is on the internal I'm not sure. Worth a try to replace the thermal paste.

9. Ignisboy
    OP

Ignisboy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2019
    United States
    The thermal paste is probably their best bet for now until there is another possibility given, as for it being internal or external it's internal. I really do appreciate the help at least, just to reiterate.

Hayato213 likes this.
  10. Ignisboy
    OP

Ignisboy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2019
    United States
    bump just to see if there's anyone else who has suggestions

11. Ignisboy
    OP

Ignisboy Newbie

Newcomer