Is my PS3 hackable?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Bryon15, May 4, 2013.

1. smf

smf GBAtemp Addict

Feb 23, 2009
    You should be able to go straight to latest rebug if you install it via recovery mode, at least I could.

I got the impression that someone wanted the kudos of creating a patched cfw, instead of telling people they just need to hold a button while turning the ps3 on.

Last edited by smf, Nov 1, 2018
  2. silver_ryder

silver_ryder Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2010
    Is it possible to jailbreak a PS3 with 4.83 OFW? It was update by mistake, Thank you!

3. Fabax01

Fabax01 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2016
    Italy
    It depends.
    (CFW compatible) With an HW Flasher (like E3) you can downgrade back to 3.55 and install a CFW.
    (HAN compatible) No luck.

silver_ryder likes this.
  4. LoganN64

LoganN64 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2016
    Canada
    Hi all, It has been a while since i last visited, but i was wondering if there has been any progress made on hacking a system that is beyond the 3.55 update?

5. PalomPorom

PalomPorom Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2018
    United States
    Look up PS3Xploit and check the compatibility list. I will warn you though that if you have a super slim then you're out of luck

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

6. LoganN64

LoganN64 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2016
    Canada
    So my PS3 is a 3000B, that can only go down to 3.72 (according to MinVerCheck). I guess one day someone will figure it out, but for now I'm stuck with an un-hackable PS3. The funny thing is the only thing I want to do to it is change the controller layout from Japanese to North American. It seems to work fine with most of my games but then there's a few games/programs like Netflix that really get weird, where it says "press X to start the video" but then exits. And then O will play the video.